Friday, August 29, 2014

Score One for Commonsense and the Second Amendment

Quite to the chagrin of those Socialists who have been working hard, using all means of propaganda to take away American's God given right to own and carry a firearm, the "mecca" of the Socialist agenda, Chicago, reports that crime has deceased as the number of conceal carry permits increase.

City sees fewer homicides, robberies, burglaries, car thefts as Illinois residents take arms

An 86-year-old Illinois man with a concealed carry permit fired his weapon at an armed robbery suspect fleeing police last month, stopping the man in his tracks and allowing the police to make an arrest.

Law enforcement authorities described the man as “a model citizen” who “helped others avoid being victims” at an AT&T store outside Chicago where he witnessed the holdup. The man, whose identity was withheld from the press, prevented others from entering the store during the theft.

Police said the robber harassed customers and pistol-whipped one.

Since Illinois started granting concealed carry permits this year, the number of robberies that have led to arrests in Chicago has declined 20 percent from last year, according to police department statistics. Reports of burglary and motor vehicle theft are down 20 percent and 26 percent, respectively. In the first quarter, the city’s homicide rate was at a 56-year low.

“It isn’t any coincidence crime rates started to go down when concealed carry was permitted. Just the idea that the criminals don’t know who’s armed and who isn’t has a deterrence effect,” said Richard Pearson, executive director of the Illinois State Rifle Association. “The police department hasn’t changed a single tactic — they haven’t announced a shift in policy or of course — and yet you have these incredible numbers.”

As of July 29 the state had 83,183 applications for concealed carry and had issued 68,549 licenses. By the end of the year, Mr. Pearson estimates, 100,000 Illinois citizens will be packing. When Illinois began processing requests in January, gun training and shooting classes — which are required for the application — were filling up before the rifle association was able to schedule them, Mr. Pearson said.

“The temperature would be 40 below, and you’d have these guys out on the range, having to crack off the ice from their guns to see the target,” Mr. Pearson said. “But they’d do it, because they were that passionate about getting their license.”

The demand has slowed this summer, but Mr. Pearson expects the state to issue about 300,000 concealed carry permits when all is said and done.

Illinois became the 50th state in the nation to issue concealed weapons permits. An individual permit costs about $600 and requires at least 16 hours of classes.

The Chicago Police Department has credited better police work as a reason for the lower crime rates this year. Police Superintendent Garry F. McCarthy noted the confiscation of more than 1,300 illegal guns in the first three months of the year, better police training and “intelligent policing strategies.”

The Chicago Police Department didn’t respond to a request for comment from The Washington Times.

However, the impact of concealed carry can’t be dismissed. Instead of creating more crimes, which many gun control advocates warn, increased concealed carry rates have coincided with lower rates of crime.

A July study by the Crime Prevention Research Center found that 11.1 million Americans have permits to carry concealed weapons, a 147 percent increase from 4.5 million seven years ago. Meanwhile, homicide and other violent crime rates have dropped by 22 percent.

“There’s a lot of academic research that’s been done on this, and if you look at the peer-reviewed studies, the bottom line is a large majority find a benefit of concealed carry on crime rates — and, at worst, there’s no cost,” said John Lott Jr., president of the Crime Prevention Research Center based in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania. “You can deter criminals with longer prison sentences and penalties, but arming people with the right to defend themselves with a gun is also a deterrence.”

Within Illinois, Cook County, which encompasses Chicago, has the state’s largest number of concealed carry applications, with 28,552 requests, according to the county’s website. Accounting for population, however, less than 1 percent are carrying.

Mason County has the top per-capita rate in Illinois, with 14 percent of its residents holding concealed carry licenses, followed by Shelby County, with 9 percent.

“When I talk to folks that are supporters of concealed carry here, a lot of them want to get their permits so they can keep a gun in the car just so they have it when they travel to bigger towns and cities,” said Shelby County Sheriff Michael Miller.

Shelby County is in southwestern Illinois, about an hour and 45 minutes driving time from St. Louis. Its crime rate is low, and the majority of charges are domestic-related, Sheriff Miller said. He doesn’t anticipate concealed carry to change the statistics much.

“These are folks who just want to exercise their Second Amendment rights,” Sheriff Miller said. “Luckily, we don’t have a gang problem or any serious violent crime. Our types are just rednecks that like to hunt and fish.”

Mason County Sheriff Paul Gann said it’s too early to tell whether an increased carry rate will have an influence on crime rates.

“What I can tell you is we haven’t seen a spike in crime,” said Mr. Gann. “We haven’t seen a spike in anything that’s gun-related — brandishing a firearm, shootings, robberies, nothing. These are law-abiding individuals.”

From a national perspective, Florida has the most active concealed carry permits, at nearly 1.3 million. Texas is second, with just over 708,000. Hawaii, at 183, has the fewest of states whose data were available.

At 300,000 concealed carry licenses, Illinois would compare with Virginia, which has 363,274, and Alabama, with 379,917.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Where's the Outrage? Where's the POTUS? Where's the Attorney General?

Where's the Outrage? Where's the POTUS? Where's the Attorney General?

Oh wait a minute, the victim is a WHITE MARINE VETERAN and the CRIMINALS are BLACK, so they have a right to be angry.

The white house by its very silence is in my not so humble opinion is condoning this or maybe if the Marine was killed, they (white house) might take a second to say something.

A rural Mississippi man suffered life-threatening injuries and required brain surgery after, his friend said, he entered a Waffle House despite receiving a warning not to enter the restaurant because of the color of his skin.

The severe beating occurred early Sunday morning around 2 a.m., reports The Clarion-Ledger. Up to 20 assailants participated.

The injured man is Ralph Weems IV, a veteran of the Iraq War and a Marine. He is white.

weems.jpg
Ralph Weems IV
The altercation began at about 1 a.m. when Weems and the friend, David Knighten, chose to go inside the Waffle House. Knighten said they made this decision after a man in the parking lot diplomatically suggested that they should leave because the patrons inside were angry about the Aug. 9 police shooting death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. Thus, the unidentified man explained, the restaurant would not be a safe place for two white people.

According to Knighten, Weems, 32, began arguing with customers not long after he entered the Waffle House. It’s not clear what was said or what was in dispute. After the police eventually showed up, Weems and Knighten left.

On the way home, the pair decided to stop at a Huddle House — a similar, less iconic eatery that dots the South. The Huddle House was in West Point. Miss.

A group of people followed Weems and Knighten to the mostly empty Huddle House parking lot. A security guard told everyone to leave. However, Weems and Knighten found that some of the men had blocked their way.

Witnesses described the attackers as black but otherwise could not identify them.

Knighten, an Air Force veteran who fought in the war in Afghanistan, said he attempted to calm the hostilities, to no avail.

The people who came for Weems attacked him. He ended up on the ground, getting brutally kicked.

Knighten also suffered several injuries as he tried but failed to help his friend.

“All my injuries were minor fractures and lacerations,” he explained on Facebook, according to The Clarion-Ledger. “I just wish I could have reached him sooner. Please keep your thoughts and prayers on Ralph.”

Knighten added: “I do remember racial slurs being yelled from the crowd.”

Police failed to arrive on the scene until the crowd had dispersed. (WHY? What took them so long? Fear of doing their job because the federal government may come in and accuse them of radical profiling OR afraid of riots if they do there job?...OM)

This does not appear to be a hate crime,” local police chief Tim Brinkley (20 Blacks beating up two white while yelling radical slurs not a hate crime? I bet if it was 20 WHITES against 2 BLACKS the police chief and federal government would be calling it a hate crime...OM)  said, according to The Times-Picayune. “It’s very early in this investigation but thus far the evidence and statements suggest that a verbal altercation turned physical and somebody got hurt.”

For now, the incident is under investigation as an aggravated assault.

“It’s not clear whether or not all of the parties were involved in both incidents,” Brinkley also noted.

On Monday, police arrested 22-year-old Courtez McMillian in connection with the conflict. Police say other arrests are pending based on witness accounts and video footage captured in the Huddle House parking lot.

Weems is currently listed in fair condition at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.

Bradley Barnes, who is related to Weems, said Weems is currently in a post-brain surgery coma induced by doctors.

“They’re going to try and wake him up tomorrow and see what damage was done,” Bradley said, according to The Times-Picayune.

Please see Update below.

Source: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/26/iraq-war-vet-was-warned-waffle-house-wasnt-safe-for-whites-gets-beaten-needs-brain-surgery/#ixzz3BZeiM9Jh

UPDATE: 
Police Chief Tim Brinkley says he has called in the FBI to help investigate a weekend fight that hospitalized a 32-year-old man.

Brinkley says 22-year-old Courtez McMillian of Okolona was arraigned Monday on aggravated assault. Bond was set at $250,000.

Brinkley says if McMillian doesn't hire an attorney one will be appointed for him.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Private School Vouchers in North Carolina Unconstitutional?

A North Carolina judge is ordering a stop to the use of taxpayer money to pay for tuition at private or religious schools.

Wake County Superior Court Judge Robert Hobgood ruled Thursday that the program (Opportunity Scholarship...OM) 
is unconstitutional on several levels.

Hobgood says the program pays for students to attend schools that are not obliged to meet state curriculum requirements, violating the state constitution's guarantee for students to have an opportunity to a sound basic education.(This statement alone should make a Patriot and any lawyer question this decision, just because a school does not want to adopt the Common Core curriculum does not mean that a child is not being given the opportunity for a sound education. It seems that millions of American had an opportunity for a basic education LONG before Common Core...OM)

Hobgood said it's also unconstitutional for public funds to go to privately run and managed schools. (The first question someone should ask, "WHY NOT?" Why do public funds go to build stadiums, are they not privately owned and managed? As Justice Black wrote in upholding Everson v. Board of Education of Ewing Township. et. Al (1947) which dealt with busing "...(The) concept of using tax funds for the payment of police and fire who are paid from tax funds to protect both public and parochial students. Basically, “... state cannot tax A to reimburse B for the cost of transporting his children to church schools. This is said to violate the due process clause because the children are sent to these church schools to satisfy the personal desires of their parents, rather than the public's interest in the general education of all children. This argument, if valid, would apply equally to prohibit state payment for the transportation of children to any nonpublic school, whether operated by a church or any other non government individual or group.” In this case, North Carolina is not taxing A to send B's children to a private school, EVERYONE is being taxed for schools INCLUDING those who don't have children. Now, how about those who want to send their children to private just not pay that portion of property taxes that is used for public schools and use it to fund their choice of schools?...OM)

The judge said money must stop flowing to private schools as of Thursday morning. It's not clear if some of the money was already distributed earlier this week as planned and whether that must be reimbursed.


Source: http://www.news-record.com/news/report-judge-rules-n-c-school-voucher-program-unconstitutional/article_d0806368-293d-11e4-9433-001a4bcf6878.html

Let me know what you think and please check out "The War Nobody Saw Coming - The First Attack" to see how the war of Christmas and religion REALLY began and why.

Semper Fi!